Thursday, July 11, 2013

Thanks, Michelle, For Opening My Eyes...


My Pic Of The Day on Tuesday was a shot of a black and white picture placed (some might say "vandalized"...) on one of the new SLC parking meter things. I tried positioning the face to add character to the shot.


I posted the picture to Facebook and my blog (as I do to every Pic Of The Day...) and it generated several comments. Some were predictable (adding homage to The Fonz...), but it was Michelle's comment that surprised me most.


She wrote, "Hey! Take a picture of the yard in the background."


Today, I did.

 

I walk by this little garden stuck on the corner of block full of state government buildings a couple of times each week, and have done so for the past five months. Today was the first time I really looked at the incredible beauty of the garden. Granted, months ago it was winter and there wasn't much to look at. But today, it's a different story.


The pictures don't do justice to the colors. The day was overcast and if I were a better photographer it might show better. I found what looked like pink daisies and decided to get a closer look. The bees flying around were a bonus.


I realized as I walked away that it took a friend living halfway across the country to hit me upside the head and say, "Hey! Look at the beauty that's all around you!" And as I got closer, it became more beautiful. Thanks, Michelle.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, Heather. I wish I could take pictures all day long...

      Delete