Sunday, September 29, 2013

Getting The Shot...


I walked into the living room yesterday morning and saw the cat sitting on top of the couch. It wasn't so much the cat that caught my attention, but the sunlight shining down on the cat. I quickly grabbed my camera.


I don't know if I've been told this, or it's something that came to my mind, but when I think of photography, it's basically the manipulation of light. Without light, no photography can exist. The light coming into the living room was extremely bright and such bright light bouncing off the stunningly white fur of the cat looked amazing.


So, I had good light and good subject matter. I began taking pictures. I was only able to get a couple of pictures before the cat became bored and left her moment in the good light. With digital photography (at least, for me...) I snap as many pictures I can and hope things work out. I haven't worked in a studio so I haven't had a lot of experience setting up the shot.


Of course, it's not until I download the pictures on to my computer can I really tell if anything worked. It was the last picture I took, the one below, that turned out to be my favorite. I know I've posted many pictures of our cat before, but I really like this one a lot. Yesterday morning, I got the shot I wanted.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely pictures - my favourite is the second to last one - slight sideways view. The whiskers stand out perfectly. What is your cat's name?

    ReplyDelete