Friday, September 13, 2013

Oh, What Do You Do When It's Overtime...


This week we've been "encouraged" to work overtime. We all knew it was coming. When we signed on to work this assignment, we knew working more than the traditional 40-hours a week would one day arrive. It's now here.

Others have put in so many hours these last two weeks. Not me. I took time off last weekend to attend a little get-together with 80,000 other people of similar interests. This week, it's time to get to work. 

We have several deadlines coming up--the first big deadline arrives in seventeen days. On October 1, 2013 people will be able, for the first time, to apply for the Affordable Care Act, or as everyone knows it...Obamacare. We've got a lot of work to do before that day arrives.

Some turn to energy drinks to get them through the day, others coffee. I drink neither. I have been known to purchase a caffeinated cola now and then. I used to drink it everyday. Back in grad school I felt I had to have my "fix" or I wouldn't get through those long days. Turns out I was just as tired when I stopped drinking Pepsis and Cokes as I was when I drank them, so I stopped.

For the next six months or so, we're going to be busy. I just hope we can get it all done. And I hope I can do it without too much liquid help.

No comments:

Post a Comment