Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Salt City Steamfest 2014 Is Coming!

*


I can't believe we're just over three weeks away from Salt City Steamfest! This year's event takes place in Salt Lake on August 1-2 and from all the press and buzz surrounding this year's edition of Steamfest, it's going to be big, their biggest show ever! Their website can be accessed: HERE.

I have a soft place in my heart for Steamfest. Last year was the first time I had ever been more than just a visitor of a convention. Steamfest allowed my publisher, Xchyler Publishing to present a panel on writing steampunk short stories and getting them published.

I was part of that panel. 

I enjoyed being on a panel so much, I kind of haven't stopped doing panels since. I had no idea what to expect from last year's Steamfest. Their dealer room, in my opinion, could have been bigger. That's not the convention's fault, per se. There were so many venders there with some really cool stuff. It was difficult to get around in there because there was so much to see, and buy. Also, many people were dressed up and unlike other cons, steampunk cosplay ruled the day!

So, if you're around on August 1st, or August 2nd, or both days, come on down and check out what I feel is a truly creative and fun convention. It'll be fun!

* Photo used without permission from: https://www.facebook.com/groups/207777099427363/photos/

No comments:

Post a Comment