Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Westercon 2014 Schedule...


Tomorrow the event known as Westercon begins. In the valley of the city by the salt lake we will gather for fun and to sell/buy stuff. You can access Westercon's website: HERE.

And now, I have my event schedule!

Here it is!

7/3
Thursday
5:30 PM
Boardroom
BYOD and Meet Authors: David West & David J. Butler & Scott William Taylor
David J. Butler, David West, Scott William Taylor
Come sit down, bring your own drink, and chat with unique aspects of the Science Fiction & Fantasy genres including Authors, Artists, and more!
7/4
Friday
11:30 AM
Salon A
Turning Fantasy in Reality: The Art of Adapting Comics and Art to Film & TV
William Stout, Emily Sorensen, Daniel Peck, Amanda Stahle, Scott William Taylor (m)
What an author can imagine or an artist can draw is often hard to translate into film. Challenge accepted!
7/5
Saturday
6:00 PM
Salon B&C&D&E
Tag Team Jeopardy & The Avenue of Awesomeness
Kate Hatcher, Guests & Authors
6:00pm - 9:00pm Author book signing and rotating jeopardy panels for your enjoyment - see how the authors let their fun out
7/6
Sunday
1:00 PM
Salon A
e-Publishing Short Stories and Poetry
Bryce Moore, Jayrod Garrett (m), Scott William Taylor, Julie Frost, A.E. Marling
As magazines featuring short fiction fade, the internet is becoming a place to showcase shorter works. But what is the best way to present your work?

Attending this conference will be a first for me. Then again, most conferences I attend, I'm going for the first time. This can be both good and bad. It's bad because if I had attended before, I'd know how to make the most of my experience, and, as a panelist, I'd know how to make the experience of those attending as good as possible.

But, it's also a good thing because as of right now, I'm excited about what could happen. And even though I've not attended this convention before, I have many friends that will be there and hanging out with wickedly talented friends...well, there's not much better than that!

If you're in town, come on over to Westercon or FantasyCon and check it out! If you do, look for me--and we'll hang out, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment