Thursday, July 31, 2014

Salt City Steamfest, Space Balrogs, And Clockwork Tinkers--It's On!


I remember a word of advice I gave to my son a few weeks before he embarked on a two-year assignment for our church.

I told him he should volunteer for things. "If someone asks for help, for volunteers, you should consider doing it. You never know what can happen when you do."

And so when a friend asked if I would be on a panel tomorrow at Salt City Steamfest, I said, "Yes!" I thought I'd be part of a team that tries to persuade a group of convention attendees that the point of view presented by my team was superior to the other points of view. I mean, how hard can it be? After I agreed, my friend then put my name on his website and it was only then I realized I had volunteered for an adventure! I'm not part of a persuasive team--I AM the team and I'm battling a couple of intellectual heavyweights.

I will be part of the Space Balrogs! What's Space Balrogs? A good question, indeed. Here's their website: HERE. In short, it's a troupe of authors who present fun and funny interactive convention events. I'm not a full-fledged member, but I guy can dream, can't he?

So, if you're at Steamfest at 5pm tomorrow night (1 Aug 14), drop by the panel. I'll be arguing the topic: 

Steampunk Smack-down: Airship Pirates vs. Clockwork Tinkers vs. Mole People

I'm officially Team Clockwork Tinkers!

It's going to be a blast! Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment