Friday, March 13, 2015

Craig Nybo's "Small Town Monsters"...A Book Review


Small Town Monsters by Craig Nybo

Earlier this week I finished my second Craig Nybo novel. The first one, Allied Zombies For Peace was like nothing I've ever read before. You can tell by the title, it's pretty unique.

I cannot say the same for Small Town Monsters.

And that's not a bad thing.

From the cover we can tell a couple of things from the book--it's set in a small town and there will be monsters, so I kind of knew what I was in for. And even though the plot was formulaic, I loved it! As the story unfolded and I got to know the characters, one name kept going through my mind--Stephen King. Now, I'm not saying Craig and Stephen are the same, but Small Time Monsters gave me that impression. It reminded me so much of a King novel. Craig creates believable characters that I could see eating in the local diner of those small towns across the country.

The town sheriff is the voice of reason, except he doesn't believe the stories. He also fears that without him the locals will go do something rash. And that's just what happens.

There's mystery, intrigue, a romance, and gore. So, if you're into that, go to Amazon (link: HERE) and order it. You'll be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment