Monday, March 23, 2015

Ever Seen A Fire Rainbow?


Yesterday morning I stepped outside and saw a Fire Rainbow. This year marks half a century that I've been on the planet and I've never seen anything like it. I didn't even know what it was. My wife googled it and found out what it's called.

Unfortunately, I was unable to get a clear picture of the event. Basically the sunlight was shining through a very small cloud above the mountains and the precipitation in the air split the light as it passed through the prisms in the water and allowed us to see the different colors.

You can see some amazing photographs of Fire Rainbows--just google the term and you'll be amaze at their beauty. Mine was small and I couldn't really get a good shot of what we saw. But, since I now know what they look like, hopefully I'll be better prepared to see--and photograph--them in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment