Saturday, March 7, 2015

The Human Swiss Army Knife Of Talent POLAIK...Craig Nybo


I've written about Craig Nybo before. I've written about Craig the musician, the film festival organizer, and the convention panelist. I've even written about Craig Nybo the author.

I could write so many more blog posts focusing on Craig. It's a little ridiculous. That's why I call him the "Swiss Army Knife of Talent." It's so true. He's my next POLAIK (Profile Of Local Authors/Artists I Know...).

Craig is like a hero to me. There was a time when I thought I would go into advertising as a career. Nope--didn't happen. Back in high school I played bass in a rock band. Well, it wasn't so much a band as it was some good friends using an amusement park's recording studio and making up songs while eating Nabisco cookies and drinking chocolate milk. As I grew up, I thought about being a writer. This last one seems to have stuck.




The reason Craig is my hero is because unlike me, he went into advertising and has remained in advertising. He's very good at it, too. Unlike me, he continued his musical interests and has recorded several CD's as well as forming massively awesome bands that do actual gigs. And, he's confident enough in his writing to have produced several works of fiction. To me he's fearless. You can access his website: HERE.

Because I'm cheap, I've used public transportation to get to and from the Salt Lake Comic Cons. It makes sense especially since I have a bus pass supplied by my work and parking near the Salt Palace Convention Center costs more than what I charge for one of my books (and if I don't sell a book that day, I'm operating in the red...). Mr. Nybo has been gracious enough to give me a ride to the Park and Ride after many a Comic Con evening. I've had a great time getting to know Craig better and shooting the bull. 

Right now I'm in the middle of Craig's Small Town Monsters and I'm loving it! I'll have a review probably next week. Among the local authors and artists I've had the privilege of getting to know at these conventions and other events, there are so many good people, good-hearted, considerate, funny and authentic people. Craig is one of the best and someone I'm honored to call my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment