Monday, May 4, 2015

My First Review For "Speckled"


Today I received my first book review. For me, it's kind of a big deal.

I've had three short stories published in anthologies and there are several reviews for those books, but today's review was for my own book. It made my day.

I have a sort of love/hate relationship with reviews, as I believe, many authors do. I remember back in college when our a'cappella choir received a poor review from one of our performances. I've also heard interviews from authors talk about reviews. In both instances, I heard some wise council.

"If a good review can make you feel great, a bad review can make you feel terrible." 

In other words, don't get too excited about a great review. There's always another side.

My friend Dave Butler wrote the review. What I appreciate so much is that he not only bought my book, but he took the time to read it, and write a review. That really means a lot to me. If you'd like to read his review, you can go: HERE, or you can do what Dave did and find the review: HERE (then buy the book, read it, and write a review yourself...).

I've gotten to know a lot of authors over the past couple of years and what they love the most about what they do is when they hear from those who have read and enjoyed their works. Today I got a good review and it felt great. Thanks, Dave!


No comments:

Post a Comment