Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Who Knew Microsoft Excel Could Be So...Well, Not Boring?


To be honest, I wasn't too thrilled to be attending Microsoft Excel Training all day today, even if it was Level 2 training. When I was asked a few weeks ago if I wanted to take advantage of the already paid Excel training, the words, "sure--that'd be fun" never entered my mind. I wasn't opposed to it--upgrading one's skills is always a good thing, but, Excel? It's a great program and all and I do use it for work, occasionally. 

And my lack of Excel knowledge has frustrated me in the past...

Weighing all the options, I knew going would be better than not, and this morning was my scheduled time. Eight hours later I left the classroom with a whole new perspective on Excel.

It's actually pretty cool.

Since my use of Excel at work (or anywhere else, for that matter...) is limited, I never really needed to know more than the basics and definitely didn't need to use all the bells and whistles contained therein. But after the excellent training from Rob Zippro at the New Horizons Computer Learning Centers, my eyes were opened up to just how amazing the program really is. It actually appealed to my creative side--something I never thought would have happened when I entered the classroom this morning at 9am.

Will today's events change my life? Probably not. But what I learned today made me almost wish that I had a job where I had the opportunity to harness the intimate knowledge of Microsoft's Excel so it could greater enhance my work-time hours. In other words, it would be fun to do something that allowed me to use all the bells and whistles I learned today.

No comments:

Post a Comment