Friday, May 1, 2015

Two Shows...Two Theaters


We hardly never go to movies in theaters, and until recently, we rarely go see live performance shows. The reason we've seen so many live performances is because I've been in so many shows lately.

But seeing movies in a theater is another story.

It's just something we don't do. My son and I went and saw Avengers: Age of Ultron this morning and the last movie I saw in a theater was in February, 2014. We do see movies, but usually after they've hit Redbox.


Something about the new Avengers movie, however, kept nudging me and I knew I'd want to see it because everyone in the world will have seen it after this weekend. I also heard it was good so I asked my son a few days ago if he wanted to go see the show and the smile on his face told me he did. And since he and I would be the only ones going, it was affordable.

Good show! 

But this post isn't necessarily about the details of the movie, or what I liked or didn't like about it. It's about going to two shows.


Tonight my wife and I attending Centerpoint Legacy Theatre's Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. I wasn't quite sure what to expect. I've never heard any of the music and we know the story so well. Great performances! They did a great job! There's something about attending live theater that you just can't beat, even a $100 million dollar movie can't match.


So, today, I spent almost six hours sitting in a chair being entertained. It was a pretty good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment