Saturday, November 21, 2015

"Adopting Trouble"...The Result Of A Lot Of Hard Work


I was invited to a screening of a new film. It's called Adopting Trouble. It's a locally produced film, written and starring many people I know personally. I'm glad I was invited and even more glad I went. As I sat and watched the story unfold, it occurred to me just how much work goes into a film. Each scene, each measure of music had to come from somewhere until it all mixed together and became a finished product. It's really a miracle.


I've known the films writers for several years. Seeing their hard work pay off, seeing their vision come to life was inspiring. It made me realize that something that begins as an idea in someone's mind can--with a TON of hard work--become something amazing.


When it comes to the film, there's a lot of details that I don't know. I don't know how much it cost to make. I know it wasn't much, and I'm not saying that because of the production quality. I just know many involved in making the movie and I know they're not rolling in cash. I don't know exactly how long it took to make, but I know it was years.


Watching the show made me want to go home and write, to take all those excuses and crush them under my foot. I've met several authors who have seen their stories get published. I even know a couple of musicians who have released albums. They all have one thing in common--they put in the work and fought through all the doubts and fears and insecurities that come with creating art.


I have no idea how the film will do. I hope it does very well. I know the creators have high hopes that it reaches a lot of people, but even if it doesn't, they have done something many only dream of. They began with an idea, did what it took to get it funded and made. Like I said, it's really a miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment