Friday, November 20, 2015

"The Message"...A Pretty Cool Podcast


Those who know me know I love podcasts. I only discovered the coolness of podcasts a few years ago and I've been hooked ever since. Over the years on this blog I've recommended several podcasts, some I still listen to--others I've stopped. So when I find a new podcast that I like, I feel its important to let people know about it.

I'm going to date myself, but how many of you remember listening to CBS Radio Mystery Theater back in the day? I didn't camp by the radio for it, but whenever we found ourselves riding in a car at night, somehow whoever was driving turned on the show. 

I LOVED those shows! They hired quality actors and the stories were first-rate. It's maybe why I love the format of this new podcast. It's a throwback to those old radio programs, except this one is drawn out over several episodes.

It's a story of researchers who are tracking down a message that's come from outer space. But it's more than just trying to figure out who sent the message and who is supposed to hear it. There's a consequence for those who have heard the message.

If there's one drawback to  The Message, it's the length of the episodes. They are, in a word, short. The average time of each episode is about thirteen minutes long. I know it takes a lot of time and effort to create one quality episode, so I can't be too critical. Still, I would love to listen to seven hours of this story instead of just over an hour.

If you're interested in this podcast, go to their website: HERE. And, if you're a fan of the old Mystery Theater, I found a website where you can download all 1,399 episodes. You can go to this site: HERE.

If you like story told to you in podcast form, give it a shot. I hope you like The Message as much as I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment