Friday, November 27, 2015

I Turned 50 Today, And To Celebrate, Everybody Shopped...


It's not everyday you turn fifty-years old. But that's what happens when you keep eating and sleeping and have adequate shelter. Still, it's kind of a weird feeling, hitting fifty. 

I've written a couple of times this year about turning fifty-years old. I first blogged about it back in March of this year. I figured out exactly how old my father was when he passed away and I blogged on the day that I reached that mark. Surpassing the time my father lived was kind of a weird experience, too.



But today I turned a half a century. It's one of those plateaus that when you're young, it sounds SO old. I don't feel old--actually, that's not entirely true. I am very sore today because I ran/walked a few miles yesterday--something I haven't done in a long time. But normally, I don't feel the way I thought I'd feel when I got this age. Maybe it's just everyone else that's getting older.

There is one other aspect about hitting fifty and it's kind of a fun one for me. From the comments of others, I don't necessarily look as old as I am. I know some people look older than they actually are. I'm just the opposite. I have this theory that even though I've looked younger throughout the years, one day I'll wake up and look twenty years older. I'll have aged seemingly overnight. That may not happen, but I keep thinking it would be some sort of poetic justice.

So many friends have reached out to me today through social media and I'm so thankful for them and for my loving family and friends. They've not only made today special, but have affected my entire life. I am truly blessed. Thank you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment