Wednesday, November 18, 2015

The Tale Of The Tickets...


"You what?"

Steve from work said after I told him I couldn't find the two preview tickets I promised him for last night's show. The theater has a Preview Performance for friends and family of the casts. It's technically our last dress rehearsal, but it's a nice thing for them to do. It give us cast members an opportunity to perform in front of a live audience and we can also work out any last-minute quirks that are always present in a new show.

I had two tickets for my co-worker. I put them in my backpack while at the theater on Monday night. I came home, slept then got up and left for work. It wasn't until I got to work that I noticed the tickets were gone. 

I was sick.

He had everything arranged to make it to the show after work complete with transportation from work to the theater. Now, he'd have to make new arrangements. I sent off an e-mail to the theater explaining the situation, but I didn't hear back from them. So, I told him I was sorry and that I'd make it up to him in some way. I thought the tickets must have fallen out of my bag either at the theater, at home, on the bus or on the street leading to my building. I called home to have my wife check to see if they were there. Nope.

And would Steve allow me to forget my blunder? Oh, no. During the entire work day he kept reminding me that me doing too much and my lack of sleep was causing me to forget things, and more to the point, losing things like show tickets.

Ouch!

Fast forward a few hours and I found myself pulling into the driveway. I opened the car door and there on the driveway were the tickets. I snapped a picture of them and sent an I/M to Steve. "Still want to go?" I asked.

Luckily, I caught him with enough time to keep the arrangements he originally made. "Sure," he texted back.

And to add insult to injury, he quipped, "Don't lose the tickets between home and the theater."

I told him I was giving them to someone else.

In the end, Steve made the show and had a good time. All this for free tickets...


No comments:

Post a Comment