Monday, November 23, 2015

Birthday Week...First Up, My Son


In the next seven days our family celebrates three birthdays, my son's, my brother's and mine. But it all begins with my son's. He turned seventeen today.

What a great son! I'm so honored to be his dad. This last year I was lucky enough to spend a lot of time with him. He and I worked at Lagoon together on a show during the regular summer season and then again during Frightmares. I've had the opportunity to spend time with my other kids, mostly because we've done community theater shows together, but this son's not so into the community theater.


And that's okay. If he doesn't want to do it, I'm not going to force him. No one should be forced to do community theater. I didn't think I'd get a chance to work with him on a show like that, but this summer we were able to and I'm so glad we could.

So, one birthday down, two more to go. I'm glad we get to begin our week of birthdays with my son's. He's got his whole life ahead of him--my brother and I...not so much.

Happy birthday, son! I sure do love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment