Thursday, February 18, 2016

Art...Made In Jail


The other day a co-worker approached me and asked if I had ever seen prison art. I had to ask twice what she meant by that. She knows someone who is in prison and will probably be for the rest of his life.



And he's an incredible artist.

All of the things I was shown were made out of paper.



I took a lot of pictures, but there was no way I could capture the beauty of what he made with those photos. You have to pick these things up and examine them up close to really appreciate the craftsmanship. Even the hinges on the jewelry box were all made of paper.

I don't know much about prison life, but I imagine there's a lot of free time. This particular person used that time to create some amazing pieces of art.





No comments:

Post a Comment