Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Editing...With Cats


You've heard the saying that goes something like, "it's harder than herding cats." Okay, maybe you haven't, but if you know anything about herding and cats, you know exactly what that saying means. When you're dealing with cats, nothing (or very few things...) is easy.

The other day I needed to get some editing done on a short story I'm submitting for an anthology. It was Saturday and because I don't work on projects on Sunday, I needed to get it done before the end of the day.

Enter Gracie, the cat.


She was in one of her moods and she wanted to be not only noticed, but appreciated. She laid down on some of my paperwork and then partially covered up both my keyboard and my screen the entire time I was trying to get stuff done.

I know a lot of people who hate cats. They can't think of ever owning one, let alone having them inside the same room as them. But, as with a lot of things in life, you have to weigh the pros and cons. I don't think we're going to get rid of the cat. I'll just have to make different arrangements next time I do some editing/writing, like kick the cat out of the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment