Sunday, February 26, 2017

All Things Change...Some Quicker Than Others


On Friday I went with my wife to pick up dinner at the shopping center near our home. As I waited I looked east and saw the mountain on which we live covered in a blanket of white, the setting sun made it come alive.

It was beautiful.

It struck me tonight, as I looked back on some of the pictures I took this week, just how much things have changed. We'd heard about the shopping center for years and it took many more for it to be built. Before that, the only company I would have had at exact spot where I stood were cows, and the only food to eat, the grass on which they grazed.

We all know things change; it's the only constant. Even the mountains will erode over time, but for now, at at a distance, they look pretty much the same way they did in photographs taken a century ago. 

Somewhere, just above the buildings sits our house. It'll be gone one day, too. I don't know if it will be replaced, or if not. I suppose by then, I won't care. Just as the shopping center will one day go. Who knows, maybe it'll be bulldozed over to make room for cows to graze. Wouldn't that be something?

No comments:

Post a Comment