Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Hair Be Gone...


I know there are places were you can donate your hair to make wigs for cancer patients. It's a very noble pursuit. I don't know much about those places personally--I've never had enough hair to help out. And I don't see that changing any time soon.

Last weekend we closed a show. One of the first things I do when I'm cast in a show is ask: Do you want me to shave my head? Or would they like me to grow out my hair? So in September of last year, when I was cast as a 22-year, they said they wanted me to grow my hear out.

It's amazing how much hair I can't grow in almost six months. To shave I used the same razor my wife uses to cut my sons' hair and when I was done, the shaved follicles didn't even fit in one hand. No way that would help anyone needing hair to construct a wig.


For me, having a shaved head is normal. It's not normal for me to have hair. In fact, I hate it. Having hair means you need to try and keep it managed. And because I wear a hat almost every time I leave the house, it can get unruly fast. Shaving solves all those problems.

One positive thing hair does is keep a head warm. The moment I shaved my head, I could feel cold air on my skin. It's just part of the deal.

Since I've been without hair a lot longer than I had hair, I've wondered what it would be like to have hair full-time. Would I like it? Would I shave it anyway? Would I keep it and spend a ton of money to make it look as good as possible? Would I buy stuff to get rid of the grey?

See how having hair is so much more complicated?

No comments:

Post a Comment