Sunday, February 12, 2017

Political T-Shirts--Something For Everyone...Apparently


So, are these t-shirt designs offensive?

Are they disrespectful?

I suppose, it depends on who you ask.

The first shirt I saw last week. It shows Wonder Woman clocking our current U.S. President. Perhaps you're asking where you can purchase such a shirt. I found the picture: HERE. It will only cost you $19.95 to express your dissatisfaction with our current president. Of course, you could spend thousands more and basically get the same result. Just how much does it cost to make you feel better over the last election? We may never know.


And the second shirt I saw just today. A friend posted it on his Instagram account, with commentary. I have no idea where to buy this shirt, and to be honest, I really don't feel like doing a google search to find out. I'm sure, if you're interested in this one, you can find it, and I imagine it probably costs about as much as the first one, around twenty bucks. Think of the satisfaction you'll have proclaiming your political views across your chest with these powerful messages.

I would neither buy or wear either of these shirts. For one thing, I'd never pay $20 for a t-shirt--I'm too cheap for that. We live in interesting times. We have formed our own little (or big...) support groups where we're all like-minded and all our opinions match, even down to agreeing that one shirt is not only appropriate, but "take my money now" appropriate, and the other shirt is only worn by closed-minded neanderthals. But what we fail to notice is the millions of people who believe differently, those with different opinions, those who would find our shirt offensive and theirs, not at all.

Yes, we live in interesting times.

No comments:

Post a Comment