Sunday, February 5, 2017

LTUE, I Love You, But I Probably Won't Be Attending This Year


I think it's been three years that the wonderful people at the Life, The Universe, And Everything (LTUE) literary symposium have invited me to be a part of their event. It is truly an honor to be asked to come and be a panelist. It's something I've tried to take seriously, do my best on the panels, and help make the event the best it could be.

But this year I'm probably not going.

I was talking to my neighbor the other day; she's going. I told her I wasn't, and said she took a break a few years ago and it was a good thing. It let her recharge. I think that could be a good thing for me to do, too.

I remember when I was first asked to participate in these things, first for the Salt Lake Comic Con, then LTUE, then a few others. Those of us asked formed friendships and professional contacts. I've had one short story published because I've attended the events, and I'm working for more. I hope to see good things from other projects in the future. Time will tell.

There have been other conferences that I've not attended. I see posts from so many of my friends telling me how great the events are and how much fun they're having. I'm sure I'll feel bad for not attending LTUE this year and wish I could be there. But then I remember how much I gush on the events I join. I post pictures, videos, feelings I'm having. I do it all the time. Maybe I'll tone that down from now on.

Yes, I'm sure it will be another wonderful gathering of amazingly talented writers, editors, artists, even musicians (I'm talking to you, Mr. Nybo who is actually all of those things...). I know it will inspire both beginners and the battle-weary alike. For those going, have the time of your life! We'll see what next year brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment