Thursday, February 9, 2017

Taking The Green Line All The Way West...


If you've ever taken the Green Line Trax train to its most westerly stop, you'll end up at the Salt Lake International Airport. Personally, I think a light rail train going directly to the airport is genius. If I ever flew anywhere, I'd definitely think about taking the train to and from the airport.

I work right across the street from the next westerly stop on the Green Line, so when I'm waiting for a train to take me downtown, the train going the other way will swing back around to our stop in fifteen minutes. Each time I see the train headed to the airport, I've wondered what the trip would be like to go to the end of the line.

Today, I found out.



This was not the world's most exciting trip, but I thought it would be fun to take the train to the airport instead of taking the train to the Frontrunner station and wait an extra fifteen minutes until the big train came to take me home.

I got on the Green Line. I think I was the only passenger without a suitcase. I'm pretty sure I was the only passenger that didn't get off the train once it reached the airport. I just stayed on board until it began moving again, this time in a direction to get me home.

I took a time lapse video from when the train took off until it reached the train stop across from where I work. Again, it's not the most exciting video, but I like it. I only wish I could have seen more airplanes taking off. That is one thing I think I could do all day long.

So now I know what it's like to take the Green Line Trax train to the airport. And you can see what it's like to take it back.


No comments:

Post a Comment