Thursday, June 22, 2017

A Sky Of Fire...And Dragonflies


Owl City sings about ten million fireflies and ten thousand lightning bugs, but last night I saw a whole bunch of dragonflies. I don't think anyone's written a song about them. I'm probably wrong.


I've posted many pictures of sunsets. If we can fight back the quaking aspens growing to the west, we'll be able to see more, and hopefully post more photos. But last night as I headed to the back porch, the sunset--though amazing--wasn't what caught my attention. It was all those dragonflies.


I brought out my good camera to see if I could capture the experience. Even though I was please with the pictures and the videos, it didn't quite compare. All I could see were all those bugs flying around and eating mosquitoes. The fact that the sky behind them was awash is brilliant oranges, reds, and blues was an added bonus.

I pulled out the iPhone and tried out the slo-mo video option.

That's when I captured magic.

The problem is, the video resolution is not good enough to see the detail.

So, I put the whole thing on YouTube. If you want to see it, just click: HERE.

Even though you can't see what I saw, I wanted to give you a little taste. I hope you click on it and enjoy it. I know I did.


No comments:

Post a Comment