Sunday, January 26, 2020

Just Wanted To Let You All Know...I'm Doing Okay


I thought the picture would be fun, a fun one to post on a day where I didn't do anything, didn't go out and about, and didn't have a chance to take something worthy of my Pic Of The Day.

I was not expecting the response I received. 

I'd like to say, first and foremost, I'm doing okay.

There were times, earlier in the week, when I wasn't.

I'd like to think of myself as pretty normal. I have normal feelings about others, religion, politics, sports teams. I've been fortunate enough to live in this amazing country. I've been married for twenty-seven years. I have four incredible kids. I like to think my childhood was pretty normal, too. 

But, in some ways, it wasn't.

I had special needs.

When I was born, I was allergic to so many things. My mom used to joke that whenever they drove to Idaho, the moment they drove across the Idaho State line, I would begin wheezing. My nose was almost completely blocked growing up. When I was sixteen, I had deviated septum surgery to fix it. It was fine for years, but the blockage grew back. When I speak, many times I sound like I've got a cold--nope, just a clogged nose. I've lived with not breathing out of my nose for over fifty years. So, when I get a cold and my nose is running and my eyes are almost sealed shut, it's not that big a deal for me. It's almost normal.

Since I didn't go anywhere yesterday, I had to post a picture. I thought it would be fun to take a picture of me with a tissue stuffed into my nostrils. I guess I didn't realize how miserable I looked in the picture before I posted it.

It's a day later--I'm doing much better. I expect to feel even better tomorrow. For all of those who wished me well, thank you. I know it helped. To those of you who thought I was doing really bad, it wasn't as bad as it looked. I just hope I don't look like that again, any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment