Friday, January 31, 2020

Stephen's In A Volvo Ad...And It's Powerful


I heard about this project a year ago. The older man in the commercial is a friend I've known for several years. He's an actor who I've seen on stage many, many times. I've seen him be funny, serious, conniving, poignant, and downright terrifying.


In this ad, I saw a man reborn.

It's an advertisement for Volvo. It's ninety seconds long.


Stephen is the main actor--it's his story. He's reached a point in his life where he wonders what's next, and more importantly, what's his roll in whatever "what's next" is. I think we all reach points in our lives where we don't know what is around the corner. What are we to do, now?


It's amazing how much emotion can be packed into a minute and a half.

If you've got the time, and it's not a lot of time, click: HERE for the link. Watch the ad. It'll make you think or cry or smile...or all of the above. And then you--like me--will get to see another side of Stephen...

A man reborn.

No comments:

Post a Comment