Monday, January 13, 2020

Ah, Slow Mo...But Do We Need Slo-Mo Selfies?


I LOVE the slow motion video function on my phone. My phone is about five years old, but I don't care. I don't use it as much as I could or should, but when I do shoot a video using the slow motion function, I am mesmerized when I play them back and watch what I saw slowed down.

I don't think I'm alone in this, either.


Lately, we've been inundated with ads from the good people at Apple showcasing their latest iPhone feature--the slow motion selfie. But, do we really need this technology? Does our civilization--arguably, the most advanced in the history of mankind--have use for this new function?

Time will tell. 


I do like the ads--don't get me wrong. And, if I'm not mistaken, one of the actors in these ads is a Utahn, Frank Gerrish (I apologize if I'm wrong...). Except, when you do a stop-motion shot of those slo-mos, let's just say, some of those pauses may not be the most flattering.


The other day the snowplow came down the street, and it hit me--why not video this in slow motion?

And so I did.

And so, like me, you can be mesmerized by its awesomeness, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment