Thursday, January 23, 2020

If You're Looking For Something To Do Saturday...Marissa's Opening A Book Store


Last Saturday, I finished up an incredible experience at my alma mater. I helped perform six award-winning plays written by Utah high school students.

The event finished up at noon, and I thought, Perfect--I'm just in time for the grand opening!

I drove a few miles south, and a little west, and I pulled right in to the store parking lot. So cool! Someone (in this case, Marissa...) converted an old auto shop into a bookstore. I have no idea if the world needs more auto shops--it's highly likely it does. But I do know, our world could definitely use more bookstores.

I heard of the event on Facebook. Many of my author friends sent notices that they were attending and I was excited that I'd be in SLC right before the grand opening. There was only one problem...one small, little problem...


The opening was not for another week.

Of course, I didn't realize this as I parked my car (Donk...), got out and went inside. Once inside I realized my error. They were still setting up. But, from what I saw, it looks like it's going to be an awesome place to check out new, used, vintage, sci-fi, self-help, health, science, religion, and history books. You can check out their Facebook page by clicking: HERE

So, the place - 3302 South 900 East
Salt Lake City, Utah 84106
801-262-2873

The time - noon
1/25/20 (not 1/18/20...)

If you're in the area, please stop in.

Because if there's one thing I know, it's the world needs more bookstores.


2 comments:

  1. Thank you Scotty. We are really looking forward to our grand opening. This store is going to be fun, unique and full of new and used books. We've had loads of fun decorating and setting up the store for our customers, but we are more than ready to open the doors for business. See you soon! Cindy/Marissa's Books & Gifts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I hope it was a great opening--here's to many successful literary adventures in the future!

      Delete