Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Thank Goodness...For Warm Pants!


One of the presents I got for Christmas from my mother-in-law last year was a pair of bluejeans. These aren't just any pair of jeans...they're special.

In fact, they're winterized.

The pants have a felt lining, all the way down. Why would I need such a pair of enhanced pants? Because I work in an unheated basement, that's why.



Last year was my first year working in the basement. The way my desk was situated, well...it was cold down there. It was so cold at times, I had to wear a coat and fingerless gloves. I didn't complain--I did have a space heater and with all the layers, I was warm enough. Plus, I was working at home, so that was great.

In the summer, we went through and re-organized the basement, and by "re-organized," I mean, threw out a bunch of stuff. We tossed so much stuff that I was able to re-orient my desk against two walls. The reason we did this was more to take advantage of the space, but I found out this winter that because the desk is against the wall, the space heater I have warms up the area so much better. I'm sure engineers or people who know more about these things can explain why. All I know is, it's been a much warmer winter for me. The pants have definitely helped.



My mother-in-law worries about us, and she worries that I'm warm enough in the basement. She found these jeans and they've been so great for me this winter. I don't even think about being warm enough down there (and down there...). I didn't even know pants like this existed. I do now, and I'm glad for that knowledge.

I pretty much wear these everyday. We're in the coldest month of the year, so I won't be wearing them everyday in a few weeks, I'd imagine. And so, they'll go in the closet, and won't be touched again for several months. And when the temperatures drop and Ol' Man Winter comes a calling, I'll be ready. Thank goodness for warm pants!

No comments:

Post a Comment