Saturday, February 1, 2020

Hanging Out At Grandma's...


Earlier in the week, my wife and I went over to her mother's house. We were asked over to help with a couple of projects.

And we were glad to do it.


My mother-in-law's gone through many life-changing moments since I first met her daughter. The biggest being, she and her husband left the neighborhood where they'd live for decades and moved twenty miles north, to the small town where I grew up. They, like my wife, fell in love with the community. And in the past three or four years, my mother-in-law's gone through many more changes.

While my wife and her mother worked on one project, I worked on a new bench she bought for her front hallway. It was fun to put it together (much simpler than something one gets at Ikea...). And it looks fantastic in the hall. She does have good taste.

I snapped a picture.

We finished up the projects and I started looking at other interesting things to photograph. My mother-in-law asked me what I was doing. I told her I was looking for shots, looking a things around her house to see if it would make an interesting picture.


It was outside I found the picture I used as my "Pic Of The Day." I thought a few remaining leaves from a tree looked cool. 

One thing I like about photography is finding beauty if places where you might not expect. It's like you're on a quest for something you may have missed, a treasure hunt that doesn't always pay off, but is fun taking the journey.

Out of the trip, I found four pictures I liked. There's nothing necessarily spectacular about any of them, but I like them. Just hanging out at Grandma's.

No comments:

Post a Comment