Wednesday, February 19, 2020

My Little Valentine's Day Photo...


Last Friday, I thought I'd inject a bit of humor with my Pic Of The Day. While it seemed everyone on social media was posting pictures of floral arrangements, boxes of chocolates, and Valentine's Day cards, I snapped a couple of pictures of a loaded dishwasher.

Don't know if it hit its mark.

And, to be honest, I hesitated a bit before posting the picture, and I worked on the caption over and over in my mind before I settled on:

This Valentine's Day, may I suggest something a little more practical...and cheaper than both flowers and/or chocolate.

I wanted the picture to be something fun, something light. Then I started to wonder if it would be taken the wrong way. I mean, was doing the dishes supposed to be some "gift" to my spouse, like that's her job? Because, doing the dishes is not her job, nor is it my job--it's our job, or the kids job. It's something that needs to be done.

I guess I was trying to say that instead of going out and buying stuff, why not do something nice for your significant other--not necessarily dishes--but something, anything. There's so many ways to help and serve, all you have to do is look around. There's an old saying that a wife loves a man with dishpan hands. Sure, it's dated (and sexist...), but the underlying sentiment is the same--do nice things for each other, be it flowers, chocolate, cards...

Or dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment