Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Behind Handlebars...One Of My Favorite Sites


I'm not a big Instagram participant. Sure, I'll post a Pic Of The Day on Facebook and Twitter, but I've always felt Instagram should be for better pictures, higher quality. I know not everyone feels this way, but I've tried to include some of my favorite shots.

I subscribe to many Instagram accounts from Denmark. We live in an amazing time when I can log on and see pictures of a country I love from strangers sharing what they see, and I can do it everyday. One stranger I follow has a unique perspective--basically, from behind his handlebars.


Behind Handlebars is one of my favorite Instagram sites, and you don't have to love Denmark to enjoy and appreciate it. Not only does he take wonderful pictures in his native country, he's quite the traveler and shares pictures from locations all over the world. You can access his Instagram account by clicking: HERE. Or search behindhandlebars on your Instagram app.


One shot that made me feel especially homesick was posted in June, 2018. It's a shot of Odense, Denmark, a place where I lived back in 1985. Hidden in these narrow cobblestone streets is the childhood home of Hans Christian Andersen, perhaps the world's most famous Dane. The memories came flooding back by just looking at it.


I've corresponded with the photographer only a few times. Once, I told him he must come to Utah, especially Southern Utah. I think this biker would absolutely love Slick Rock and would fully appreciate it. Apparently, I'm not the only one--another cyclist from Utah has told him the same thing. One day I'm sure I'll log on and see the beautiful Utah scenery in front of his trademark handlebars. I sure hope he makes it here.

There's so many sites out there. Behind Handlebars is one of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment