Saturday, February 29, 2020

Somehow...This Turned Out To Be A "Leap Year" Photo


I've been blogging since 2011, and since I blog everyday, I've blogged twice on Leap Year Day. I was curious to see what I blogged about back in 2012 and 2016. In 2012 I blogged about Bob's Vertical Challenge, a very cool event that, in 2012, celebrated its fifth year. The event took place the day before, 2/28/2012, but on Leap Year Day I blogged about the official vertical challenge results.

Next, I checked 2/29/2016.

The title of that day's blog was simply, Leap Year's Day...

When I opened that day's blog post I saw...

The exact same photo. It seemed four years ago today I had the same thought...what did I write about on last Leap Year's Day? Today I posted the same picture because after eight years (or, after two consecutive Leap Year Days...) I think posting the same picture is now tradition.

So, it's not the most exciting photo. In fact, it's not really a good picture at all. But, to me, it reminds me of those years when I helped out with the Vertical Challenge. It was a charity event for the Boy Scouts, and I think it did a lot of good. I know those who participated had a good time. I call that a success.

I have no idea what will happen to me four years from now, or what I will be doing. Hopefully, I'll still be blogging, well into my thirteenth year. Maybe I'll forget that for three straight Leap Year Days I posted the same picture. I guess we'll find out in 2024.

No comments:

Post a Comment