Sunday, March 1, 2020

Watching Snowfall...Slowed Down


I live in a mountains and that means we get late winter storms. This morning we woke up to snow, not bad, but snow nonetheless.

I have so many friends who hate snow. Some would love to never have it snow here again. Some love snow in December--just in time for Christmas--but would love it if it never snowed after Christmas. I reject both those opinions. Without the snow those sun-worshipers wouldn't have places to go waterskiing in the winter, or have water to drink...you know, simple things like that.

This morning I decided to take out the phone and video the big beautiful flakes falling to earth. They turned out pretty cool. I posted a video of one of the slow-motion videos here. It made me think about how people love water. People go to the ocean to be at one with nature, or to the edge of a lake and let the water heal them mentally. For me, snow does the same thing. watching it fall, seeing it blanket the world around me. It's relaxing--especially if I don't have to drive in it.



No comments:

Post a Comment