Sunday, March 15, 2020

The Simple Delight Of Homemade Bread...


Over the past couple of days, I've seen many posts on social media--several pictures of empty store aisles, long lines waiting for Costco to open, photos of toilet paper, even streets with lighter-than-usual traffic.

But a couple of pictures surprised me.

People posted photos of their home-baked bread.

It's the simple things.

We used to bake bread at home almost every day. It was the only bread we ate, and it was so good. I can't remember if we stopped making the bread because we stopped eating as much bread, or the other way around.

A few days ago my mother-in-law gave us a loaf of just-baked homemade bread. That day I had a couple of slices with butter and honey. As delicious as the bread tastes, the smell of bread baking in a kitchen is heaven.

We will all be changed in the coming months. Heck, we're all changed now. Yesterday I moved one of our two bread makers from basement storage to our kitchen to make our own bread. I wonder if the bread maker's going to stay.

Simple things.

No comments:

Post a Comment