Monday, March 9, 2020

$8 Thrift Store Shoes...A Freaking Steal...Except For One Thing


We only had a few minutes to look for stuff at the thrift store. My wife and son went to the stuff animal section to find new chew toys for the dog.

I went to check out the shoes.

I used to first go check out electronics, but there's so much garbage there nowadays (some would argue it's not just the electronics...), it no longer holds my interest. Last year, I found a used pair of Vans, my size--no laces. I bought the pair and wore them all the time--so much so, I wore a hole in one shoe. Time to look for another pair of slip-ons to replace the Vans.

I looked. I spotted a pair. I picked them up, saw the maker--Ecco--good brand. I tried them on and they fit.

Score!


The thing about thrift store shopping is sometimes you find hidden gold--sometimes you don't of course, but I've done pretty good over the years. I know some Ecco shoes can be quite expensive so when we got home, I did a little internet search.

I typed in: Ecco weave shoes. Then I chose the photos.

And there they were--the same pair of Ecco shoes I had just bought. The first thing that caught my eye--the $160 price a new pair of my shoes would cost.

Score again!

I love it when that happens.


Then, I saw something else in the photo...yes, the Ecco shoes are $160 new, but if I went into a Nordstroms looking for a nice pair of Ecco shoes, I'm pretty sure I would not see this pair. I'd be nowhere near this pair. The reason:

They're women's shoes.

That's right...I found, bought, and reveled in a pair of Ecco women's shoes. Of course, I had a decision to make. Would I re-donate them to the same thrift store from where I bought them, so someone else--most likely, a woman--would buy them, or would I keep them and wear them with pride, knowing I scored on an expensive pair of shoes.

I chose the latter.

I'm keeping the shoes.

1 comment:

  1. Hygge Man! How's it going? Man, I love Ecco shoes. I would keep these, too. Let's just say they are unisex :D

    ReplyDelete