Monday, March 23, 2020

Netflix...The Little Things Make A Big Difference...At Least, To Me


Like billions of other people, I'm utilizing the incredible modern technology known as streaming over the weekend. And like billions of other people, we subscribe to Netflix, arguably, the most popular streaming service available.

I don't know who is in charge there at Netflix, or who is responsible for the little things, but one thing I noticed the other day is their hold function. I know that's a strange thing to acknowledge, or even notice, but the other day my wife and I were watching, The Stranger, a limited-series based on a Harlan Coben novel. It's the third Harlan Cobin series we've watched. We paused the episode to do something and after a moment, information came up on the paused screen.

I know the above picture's not the best quality, but to me, it looked like Netflix could have taken that paused imaged and used it as an advertisement for the show (which, is exactly what it is...). Of course, not all pauses yield good pictures, but the majority of the time I do this with Netflix, I get a shot worthy of an ad.

It's the little things.

I know Netflix doesn't want us to pause their entertainment--they want us to sit, watch the entire episode, not move, until the show is done, then watch the next nine episodes until the series is complete. Then, they want you to start another series w/o leaving your chair. But, next time you're enjoying/watching a Netflix show, check out the picture when you hit pause. Chances are, it's going to look good enough to represent the entire show.

I know, I know...it's a strange thing to acknowledge, or even notice...

But the show was titled, The Stranger.

No comments:

Post a Comment