Monday, March 30, 2020

Trying To Help Out...


I read somewhere that to help the economy during this crazy time, Americans should try and order out three times a week.

I mean, if that's what we need to do to help, I guess that's what we need to do.

But, seriously, I don't necessarily thing that's a bad thing. I am fortunate enough to have a job that has not been greatly impacted by this disaster. I've worked my regular hours since it all began and the workload has remained steady. If I were working the job I had more than a decade ago (working unemployment insurance claims...) oh, how life would be different. But, no--my job's pretty much the same.

That can't be said for millions of others.Take any fast food establishment. There's the food preparers and the food servers. Until we get a grip on this thing, the servers are not needed, well, most aren't I suspect. I told my wife over the weekend I wish we could order out every night. It would help those scared about the future and give us some tasty food as well.

Unfortunately, we can't do that. Plus, eating out can become a chore--like when you're on vacation and all you do is eat out. After a while, It's not so great.

Tonight we got Subway for the boys. The wife and I made dinner from what we had. That way, we helped a business, but didn't go overboard. I have no idea what's going to happen when this thing ends. I know everyone will have changed--how can we not? I saw a post on social media the other day. It was simple, but conveyed a lot. Basically, the post said, "I can't wait until I can take things for granted again." I hope I never do, but I can understand what the writer meant. Yes, we'll all have changed--let's hope it's for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment