Tuesday, February 25, 2020

I Can See Clearly...At Different Times


New eyeglasses...

Usually, not a big deal for me. In the thirty-or-so years I've worn glasses, the prescription hasn't changed much. I can still wear my first pair of prescription glasses and I see okay. Of course, the newer the glasses, the better they work. The pair I got last week...well, they're different.

They're bifocals.

Yes, I'm old.

And the new glasses are taking a little getting used to.

If you look at the above page of my latest WIP, you may be able to see the top words are in focus, but the bottom ones aren't. The woman at the optometrist's office explained it to me this way, "With bifocals, think more about where your eyes are looking and not so much where your head is pointed." That's good advice. And I've used that advice ever since I picked up the pair. But, that first time I put them on and things I looked at the lower half of the lens having a different focal point than the top part--that was a rush. Those of you who have experienced this understand. It's not normal.


It's taking time, but I am getting used to it. I wasn't sure until yesterday morning how they would work while I was working. I can say I was happy with the results. Normally, I don't wear glasses at work, but part of the display is at the edge of my clear vision. The new glasses help solve that problem.

Yes, change requires more change. Today it's eyeglasses. Tomorrow...well, who knows? I guess we'll figure it out then.

No comments:

Post a Comment