Friday, February 7, 2020

Just Hanging With The Pets...


The other day I found myself in the company of our pets. This is not unusual, but on this particular day, it was like the animals wanted their pictures taken. To be honest, I have no idea if pets ever want their pictures taken. That didn't stop me from doing it, though.

First, the poodle. He's just a joy to be around. Yes, he's also a handful, but that's what makes him so much fun. It's his personality and we are lucky to have him. He had his favorite squishy ball in his mouth and we ended up on the couch. I took out my phone and snapped a selfie. I don't take a lot of selfies and we don't take many pictures of the dog--he does tend to move around a lot.


A few hours later, I was sitting in my room when our cat came climbing up on the bed. He nestled into his favorite spot and I thought it would be a good time to snap another picture. The cat is our newest addition. He's actually my daughter and youngest son's pet, but he likes hanging around people, and since he's settled down (he no longer wants to rip us to shreds, or if he does, he refrains...), it's nice to have him close.

Last week we had four pets, two cats and two dogs. Now, we're down to three. There's a lot of joy and happy times when we welcome a new member into the family, and there's a lot of pain and tears when one leaves. I'm glad we have the ones we have. They add a lot to the craziness that is our lives. And as long as they want to hang out with us--and I have my phone--I'll probably keep taking pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment