Wednesday, February 5, 2020

What Really Is The Best Pizza Deal...?


With certain things, I'm what some call frugal, or what others call cheap. Personally, I don't mind either title. Hopefully, my kids will carry on the tradition. It's good to appreciate the value of things.

Looking for clothes at thrift stores is one example of my frugalness (or cheapness...). Getting the most out of a meal, is another.

Take, for example, pizza.

My wife and I had a Date Night last Friday. We went to a local pizza place, Blaze Pizza. If you're not familiar with the eatery, think of it as getting a personalized pizza in almost the same amount of time as it takes to get a burger at McDonald's or a sub at Subway. They have the process down and it's pretty slick.

The pizzas are not big--usually only big enough for a single meal. Me? No--there's no single meal for what I order. They have a build-your-own option, and I take full advantage. I get the thicker crust and load it up with all the meat topics they got. Throw in some veggies and I'm good. It's so thick, I can usually only eat about a third of the thing in one sitting. My math skills are not great, but even I know, that means I can get three meals out of this thing.

I was texting with a friend on Monday. I told him I was having leftover Blaze Pizza. He didn't know about Blaze. I explained who they were and the product. Then he said, "You can't beat the Hot-and-Ready Little Caesars Pizza Deal."

That's where I beg to differ.

I think you can.

I should be honest here. I haven't had a Little Caesar's Pizza in years. Personally, I like their pizzas, but food sensitivities have kept us from the restaurant. Their small pizza is 10" and the Blaze personal pizzas I think are 8". Because I get the thick crust it's a couple of dollars more so we're looking at a Blaze pizza around $10. I can get three meals out of that pizza. I don't know if the came could be said for the Hot-and-Ready option.

All of this doesn't really mean anything, really. My friend stops by his Little Caesar's place on the way home. He gets food for his family and they like it. I order my favorite pizza at a place that's local to us and I like it multiple times. As long as we're both happy, right?

If you haven't tried Blaze, I say give it a shot. But, if you do, the place is packed on the weekends--at least, ours is. That's usually a sign people like the food, and therefore, agree with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment