Thursday, February 27, 2020

Brian C. Hailes's "Blink"...Beautifully Done


Two weeks ago, I was handed a couple of books. The price? I read the books and write reviews...basically, my time. I snapped up the books and said I would follow through. My problem is, finding time to read. I have started one of the books--have not finished it, so this is not a full review. That will come later. But, what I wanted to do on this post is tell you a little bit about the first one I picked up...

Brian C. Hailes's Blink.

First off, it is an illustrated novel. It's not a graphic novel where everything is illustrated (if you're not familiar with graphic novels, think a comic book that's novel length...). But, there's illustrations at the beginning of each chapter as well as other artwork, and the artwork is really, really good.


Now, good artwork in a publication is not that unusual. How a book looks is important for the overall impression a book gives off. But, what impressed me was the artist is also the author. That's rare, or at least, I think it's rare. I know a lot of excellent authors. I know a lot of excellent artists. I don't know many that can do both.

So far, the story is engaging. It's a spy story with gizmos and gadgets you'd expect to find in a spy story. There's guns and fast cars and beautiful women...more spy story stuff.

Like I explained earlier, I will be blogging about the book when I'm finished. Hopefully, it won't be that long. But, the author's/artist's talent was worth a blog post of its own. You can check out the author's Amazon website: HERE. It's some good stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment