Thursday, October 8, 2020

Preparing For A Wedding...A First For Us


 Those crazy kids are getting married tomorrow--you just can't stop 'em.

I haven't been involved in many weddings in my life. Probably more than most, but considering I live in a world where a lot of people get married (or used to, anyway...), I haven't been involved in many weddings. I missed both my brother's wedding and my sister's first wedding--attended her second, though. And, I've never been a "Best Man" at a wedding, either.

I did attend my own wedding. That's about all the first-hand knowledge of a wedding.

That all changes tomorrow.

Tonight we met up with my future in-laws and we prepped the area. Our final act was to drive to Logan to pick up Tiki torches and citronella fuel. Can't allow some pesky bugs to disrupt things.

I've been watching my son the past couple of days, especially tonight. The kid's a cool as a cucumber. I have no idea if he's rattled or not. If so, he's not showing it. I can't remember how I was the night before my wedding, it's been over twenty-eight years ago. I'm sure I was nervous, and excited, and most likely wanting the whole thing to be over.

By this time tomorrow night, the happy couple will be married. A party will have commenced, and things will most likely be winding down.

In just one short day...



No comments:

Post a Comment