Monday, October 12, 2020

So...Is This A New Dance Craze?


Last Friday night at my son's wedding reception, as the craziness raged around me, I spotted a group of youth engaged in a dance. I've included the video in this post.

It reminded me of days long past.

I'm no dancer. I mean, I do dance, but it's not something I excel at. In college I found a group of friends who, like me, maybe weren't the best dancers, but we enjoyed it. We went to various dance clubs in the Salt Lake Valley, and we hit many stake dances. Back in the late 1980s and early 1990s, there weren't too many dance crazes. Sure, there was the "Hokey Pokey" and everyone's favorite "Conga Line" so I wasn't sure if what we saw was a new craze or just an impromptu happening.

So, I present you part of a dance that happened on a Friday night in Brigham City, Utah. You be the judge.

Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment