Tuesday, October 13, 2020

The Beauty Of A Church...


 A few posts back, I wrote about where we now live looks and feels a lot like a town I once lived in, only decades earlier.

That same feeling struck again the moment I stepped inside our new church meetinghouse. 

It is simply magnificent.

Any meetinghouse that has a balcony is aces in my book. The building was amazing from the outside, but when I stepped in the chapel, it took my breath away. The curved roof, the double podiums, all the wood.

I found a YouTube video showing the history of the building--it's just over ten minutes long, if you're interested. You can see it by clicking: HERE

Buildings come and go. Right now, I'm sitting in a house that was completed one month ago. I have no idea if this building will exist in 100 years. I suppose it could, if it's taken care of and no natural disasters destroy it. The church in Garland has survived more than a century because those two things happened. 

One of the things I know I'd miss about leaving Farmington is attending the Rock Church. It's famous, within our religion. And, it's a wonderful building. I have fifty years of memories associated with it. Now, though the memories don't exist, the potential does and it comes with an incredible building. Can't wait to see it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment