Monday, October 26, 2020

"Closing Time"...The Podcast Version--Such An Honor


 A friend contacted me a few weeks back and asked if she could create a podcast of a short story I wrote a year ago.

"Of course," I said.

What an honor.

Today the In The Telling podcast released my little story entitled, Closing Time, and it was so cool. She asked for the story--I told her where she could find it online, so when I listened to it this morning, I had honestly forgotten what happened or how it ended. This is not a long story, only twenty-six minutes. If you'd like to hear it yourself, just click: HERE for the link.

When I wrote this story, I was working at Lagoon's Frightmares and I wanted to write a story for the Halloween season. It took seven blog posts to finish it up. As I listened to Amanda Angerbauer narrate Closing Time (she did a great job, by the way...), I cringed a little. There's some glaring technical issues I could and should have fixed, but my blog posts are "down and dirty" since I write them every day. I'm lucky if I can find all the misspelled words (and sometimes I don't...).

It's a fun little story and I'm so happy my friend decided to turn it into an episode for her podcast. Thank you, Liz. If you'd like to do it again, and I'll come up with another story. Just let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment