Friday, October 2, 2020

Something I'd Never Seen Before...


 We shop at Walmart. 

I know some of you may hate that store, or oppose it for political/religious reasons, but we choose to shop there. We did when we lived in Davis County, and we will continue to do so now that's we've moved. In Davis County, the trip took about ten minutes. Now, it's double that. Another big difference is it's almost a straight shot from our new house to the Brigham City Walmart.

And because of that, the whole valley opens up. This morning, as we made our weekly pilgrimage to the grocery and other item mecca, I saw something I'd never seen before.

We were about fifteen miles away when I first spotted it. I thought it was excavating on the mountain above Perry, Utah. It looked like a new road where new homes would be built was opening up, mostly because of the way the road switched back on itself.

But, as we drew nearer, my theory of a new housing development evaporated.

No, what we were seeing was smoke rising into the air.

Only, it rose in such a manner that was, in a word, strange.

The smoke (mostly likely weeds or other trash being burned...) snaked up into the sky, going first east, then west, then east again, then finally west. There must have been a strange wind pattern above that particular location. Since we're new to the area, I don't know if this is normal, or as strange to the locals as it was for us.

There's much to learn about our new area--didn't think wind patterns would be something I'd think about, but...well, there you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment