Thursday, October 29, 2020

Ever Wish You Could Turn ANY Photo Into A Pumpkin-Carving Templet? With Pumpkin Masters...You Can


 I've wondered for years if something like this existed--a way to turn any photo into something you can slap on a pumpkin and carve away.

Turns out there is, and it only took a quick internet search to find it.

Today, I downloaded and used the Pumpkin Masters app. I found one of the most simple patterns you can imagine. In fact, I probably didn't even need the app.

I'll let you in on a little secret...

Most of the fun of this app is seeing what a finished pumpkin will look like with whatever photo you choose.

Now that you have literally unlimited carving possibilities, it becomes a question of what would you like to see on your Halloween jack-o-lantern. I was snapping pictures of everything from a skeleton mask to Halloween decorations, to our dog, to DVD covers. The app lets you either snap a picture or download one from your photo library. Then, you can see what it will look like on a pumpkin. Then, you just print the templet, tape it to a pumpkin, transfer the image, then carve away!

Some work really well--others, not so much. Of course, the technology is not perfect. Getting a good likeness of a person can be tricky. The skeleton mask looked good. The one of the dog (not included...) did not turn out.

My favorite? The Galaxy Quest DVD cover. How beautiful is that? It would be a pain to carve, though. Maybe next year.

I chose a simple pattern, a copy of the illuminated ghosts we have in front of the house, and considering the pumpkin I chose to carve this year was two inches thick, I think I chose wisely.

If you're interested in downloading the app, it's in the Apple and Google Play stores. Who knows? I might just pull up the app the rest of the year, just to see how things look...

Carved into a pumpkin.

No comments:

Post a Comment