Friday, November 6, 2020

Camille Nelson's "Little Drummer Boy"...Beautiful


 Looking back on my almost five and a half decades, there are moments that, at the time, may have seemed ordinary or of little consequence, but in reality, were anything but. The first day of my second year at THE University of Utah, I sat in Professor Vrooman's Macro-Economics class when Bob, one of my best friends, found me. I was glad to be sharing a class with someone I knew (a rarity at the U for me...). Bob said he wasn't enrolled in that class but needed to add it because he had gotten into the U of U A'cappella Choir which was at the same time as the economics class he originally signed up for. He said I ought to try and get in the choir, myself.

Long story short, I auditioned for the choir a few hours later, inexplicably got in, and that one decision changed my life. I met my wife because of that choir, and I became associated some of the most amazing people I've ever known. I've watched with great interest how those people have grown, had families of their own, and shared those talents with the world.

One of those families...The Gregorys. 

While perusing social media earlier today, I ran across a post from Christine, one of those choir friends. Christine's sister Camille downloaded a video on YouTube featuring her and a singer, Yahosh Bonner. I knew not the sister or the singer, but I'm glad I clicked on the link. You can watch the video, Little Drummer Boy, by clicking: HERE.

 The Yuletide season is quickly approaching. I think, after the year we've had, some Christmas music is the right medicine for a hurting people. 

Thanks Christine for posting (and being part of such an amazingly talented family...). Thanks Camille, Yahosh, and all those involved in making the video. Thanks, Bob for the friendship and inviting me to join you in the choir. Thanks Dr. Ed for accepting me into your musical family. Thanks to all my choir friends for allowing me to hang with you and sing beautiful music for four years.

If you get a second, click on the video and let a little Christmas music (from a little drummer boy...) make your day a little bit better.

No comments:

Post a Comment